- Mechanical Protection
- Reinforces appropriate soil covers
- Deep anchoring soil stabilization
- Provides impact resistance, tensile strength and permanent durability against high erosive stresses. The semi-rigid mats conform to soil profiles, uniformly securing solid covers to the ground with 70 pounds of 'ballast'/ 'hold down capacity' per square ft. (7 times more than hard armor) with 10 times less weight on the underlying sub-soil.
- Soil is extremely erosive. Some type of best management practice (BMP) cover is required under ScourStop. Typically a soil reinforcement mat (TRM), sod or a combination of both, provides maximum protection for every soil type and condition.
- With an average of 8 anchors per mat, deep anchoring helps the matt conform to the native topography, securing the mat to the solid in uniform manner.